Faux-pretentious, moi?

Friday, August 05, 2005

Out of my hands (at least for the moment)

The deadline for applications has just passed, so hopefully I will get a phone call from the orchestra today. I imagine they'll wait for the post to arrive before contacting anyone, but it's still good to know the waiting will soon be at an end.

At the suggestion of one of my neighbours, I delivered my application personally, popping round to the orchestra's offices this morning; besides this being the only time I could do so before today, it also means that I'd only get one day's fidgeting, switching my mobile on and off to check for messages.

Anticipation of an event is an odd thing; I've been jumpy all day.

1 Comments:

  • You'll need it all the more when your mother's visiting, won't you? "Bring yourself to a state of near-catatonia with Bach", perhaps.

    Dido has fallen through. I'll be in the audience, but it won't be same, knowing what might have been.

    The interviews are being held next week, so I'm sort of hoping they get back to me before then. It'll give me something new to stress about!

    By Blogger Anthony, at 5/8/05 09:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home