Faux-pretentious, moi?

Monday, July 25, 2005

Smug? You betcha!

A year or so ago I was in touch with one of the local orchestras-cum-choirs about the possibility of singing among their tenors, but heard nothing more after trying to stir things up a bit, putting it down to my being perhaps too old, their members being typically music students or graduates.

Until tonight. Apparently they've had a very strong year for tenors but are a little short for the Festival, so would I be interested?

Result: the performance of Dido and Aeneas I've been looking forward to is one in which I'll be singing rather than sitting in the audience, and on top of that there's a concert of Handel's four coronation anthems later in the month, I think on the 19th.

Quite how I'll work the rehearsal schedule around my shifts at work I do not know, but the first floor manager has got the impression I'm a great singer so it shouldn't prove too difficult to twist him around my little finger ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home