Faux-pretentious, moi?

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I'm not usually given to swearing, but the occasion calls for it.

Fuck.

My chances of taking part in Dido on Saturday are now very slim. They apparently can't spare me for the Saturday afternoon rehearsal this time round either, and I'd be uneasy about performing the work with only one rehearsal under my belt. I do enjoy a challenge, but the standard of performance required here is very high and I'm not sure I'm prepared to risk it.

Now admittedly I can't really blame the boss for not letting me go - two of the supervisors on my floor are on holiday until next week so numbers are a bit tight - but I can't let work interfere with my music like this much longer. I'm off to deliver my application for the new job tomorrow (by hand), after which it'll be up to them.

If the outcome is negative (it'd be presumptuous to assume otherwise), I'll be carrying on the search for other work. I can't allow myself to be in the same situation this time next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home