Faux-pretentious, moi?

Saturday, July 30, 2005

The game is afoot!

The information pack on the job for which I'm applying came in Thursday's post - remarkably quick, that - so now begins the tedious process of getting the covering letter and CV ready ...

The closing date is next Friday, but I'm waiting until Monday to send mine. For starters, it means I can ring them up and check the title of the person to whom the application is to be addressed (no point in falling back on Ms if she prefers something else, a good opportunity to display the attention to detail they require) besides giving me a chance to fine-tune my CV, which I last needed 3 years ago. I feel the letter, in the meantime, should show something of my flair for language, whilst also remaining necessarily formal; quite a difficult balance to strike.

I'd be expected to design all sorts of promotional material so am suggesting in the covering letter that I take examples of what I've done in the past (mostly with the French and German societies at university) to the interview. One possible stumbling-block would be my near-complete lack of experience with Photoshop, but luckily one of my neighbours is a professional photographer and he's agreed to show me how it works.

Without wishing to tempt fate, I'd say I'm in with a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home