Faux-pretentious, moi?

Monday, July 25, 2005

Mozart turns mathematician

Usually it's the customers who come out with mispronounciations or downright abuses of classical musicians' names and the like, but this time a mistake on the computer actually had me put down the pile of CDs I was working with as I struggled to contain my laughter. As it was, I was sorely tempted to go into the back office and give full vent to my hysteria.

The scene: I'm working my way through a long list of CDs which are to be sent back to the warehouse, these being identified by their catalogue number and the composer(s), work(s) and performer(s) featured. Bearing in mind these details are put on the computer system by humans, it's only to be expected the occasional mistake crops up.

Even so, how do you account for "Mozart addition vol. 24: songs, concert arias"?

1 Comments:

  • Yeah, back when I was a young undergrad and didn't speak German, I really embarrassed myself referring once to an edition of Brahms' "Gesamte Lieder" that I found in the library. That cycle would have made for a long recital, I'm afraid.

    By Blogger Andy, at 27/7/05 13:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home