Faux-pretentious, moi?

Friday, July 22, 2005

Not again!

It's fairly clear, in my mind, that London had a lucky escape yesterday - something went wrong, from the bombers' perspective, and with the number of people who caught sight of the perpetrators, I doubt it'll be long before they're caught. Whether part of the same terrorist cell as those responsible for the 7th July bombings or not, it's a huge setback for them and something with great potential for the investigators.

Peter, it turns out, was on one of the underground trains targetted. Thank heavens he's safe.

6 Comments:

  • Just catching up on your blogs. Dido & Aeneas eh? Baroque opera is cool again! Oddly there is a small - but wonderful - opera house here, The Helikon, who do a surprisingly good line in English Baroque opera. Considered very chic just now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 22/7/05 09:38  

  • Considering how little English Baroque opera there is, that's very good going!

    Dido's being put on by Edinburgh Symphony Baroque, a group made up of young music graduates, very much influenced by period performance. In my experience, they've yet to set a foot wrong.

    By Blogger Anthony, at 22/7/05 09:44  

  • :) It is a small, but perfectly formed repertoire!

    I wish I could get to Edinburgh this year. It has been four (?) years since I have visited the Festival. Essentially British things like that are what you really miss, and they often take you by surprise.

    I almost never, ever, ever get homesick, but actually I am today...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 22/7/05 12:07  

  • You've probably left it a bit late to get tickets, I suspect. There's still the Fringe, of course, but you won't get so many big names there ...

    As a fellow traveller and sometime expat, I know all about missing essentially British things.

    By Blogger Anthony, at 22/7/05 14:30  

  • lets hope this is the end of the subway targeting

    By Blogger Brechi, at 22/7/05 19:45  

  • Don't we all ... Mind you, with armed police shooting a presumed terrorist suspect in the Tube today, I doubt this is an end to the trouble.

    By Blogger Anthony, at 22/7/05 20:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home