Faux-pretentious, moi?

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Visitors: an update

The one thing I require from anyone who spends the night at my flat is that they create a new fridge magnet message for me, using either the German or shakespearian sets I have. When Rod and Dan were staying, two weekends ago, I realised I should be keeping a record of these, so before they got going I copied the old ones down. Chances are I'll share the best of them in due course.

So that's Rod and Dan been and gone, not to mention Tristan (who was here on Sunday). Marcus' visit is slowly taking shape: his participation in the Tallis at the end of this month is looking more certain now he's found out there's the first British performance of Adams' The death of Klinghoffer at the Festival that week. We spoke tonight and I suggested he come here on Thursday 25th, in time for the choir rehearsal that evening, my day off the next day, Klinghoffer on the Saturday and heaps of singing on the Sunday.

Before my trip to London last month, I spoke to my friend Tom - the intention being to meet him and his girlfriend while I was there, only they were going to Ireland - and suggested, as they're also singers, that they join us too. I don't know if that's going to come off, but it could be a full house!

In the meantime, my eldest cousin is up the previous weekend (she's been invited to a wedding) and we hope to meet up at some stage during her stay. It'll be the first time we'll have seen each other for three years, I think, so it's high time we caught up with each other face to face, even if I am off to visit her side of the family in the autumn.

I think that's everyone accounted for. Enough to be getting on with, at any rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home