Faux-pretentious, moi?

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Confused

Every day this week, I've been rushing home at lunchtime and after work to check for answerphone messages and emails, only to be disappointed by the lack of contact from the orchestra about my job application. Today I bit the bullet and rang them up to ask if I should take this as an indication of my application having been unsuccessful. Unfortunately the person I wanted to talk to was already on the phone, so I left a message asking her to leave me one likewise on my mobile.

That was a bit before 1pm. It's now past six and still no word, either on the phone or by email. It's possible the message wasn't passed on - I'd like to hope not as it wouldn't say much for their professionalism - but either way, I don't know what to make of it. It doesn't seem to make sense.

2 Comments:

  • Patience is a virtue!

    I certainly wouldn't recommend phoning to ask if they don't want you; though maybe you could ask how your "application is progressing"...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/8/05 18:41  

  • True, Martyn, but according to the information pack they sent me they're holding interviews this week.

    I'm going to leave things as they are for now, and will probably ring again on Friday if there's still no news.

    By Blogger Anthony, at 10/8/05 18:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home