Faux-pretentious, moi?

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A slight wobble to the chicken's head

I'm not sure if my slight misgivings about today's interview are entirely justified. It went pretty well overall, but I feel I let myself down with a couple of my answers, in particular that regarding where the position would fit in with my career aspirations. I'd like to hope that they can understand why I was perhaps a little hesitant as this would really be my first step into arts administration proper, so something of a new venture for me.

A bit of a shock awaited me later this afternoon with the revelation that the closing date for another application (this post being within the Festival offices) was today - what with wanting to get the SCO one done first, I must have convinced myself (wrongly) that I could afford to leave it for the time being. I'd got my CV in previously so just had the covering letter to deal with, though having to do so at such short notice, without the job description in front of me and hand-written - talk about old-fashioned! - was quite a challenge.

The interviews won't be held until next week, by which stage I can expect to have heard from the SCO. Alea iacta est.

2 Comments:

  • the dice is cast

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 14/6/06 18:29  

  • Hopefully fate will just steer you into the best position. Interviews can be weird. Once I was temping for an investment bank and they decided to offer me the spot. I didn't really want to work there, but I did need a job and the money was too good to say no to, so I went through with an interview. I was doing great until someone said, "So, Andy, why do you want to work for Slimy Weasel Partners?" and I just kind of went..."Guh...?"

    They offered me the job anyway, but I turned it down because by then I had learned that the boss was cuckoo. Phew!

    By Blogger Andy, at 14/6/06 19:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home