Faux-pretentious, moi?

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A hairdresser's nightmare

I'm going to be on holiday four times over the space of two months:

(1) France towards the end of May. My parents had tickets booked for a production of Noel Coward's Private lives (in French) on the 27th and, being of a more theatrical bent than my brother, I'll be accompanying my mother instead. As it happens, my visit will also coincide with Les nuits romantiques, a local music festival with some pretty starry names to its credit, so we'll be going along to that too.

(2) Norfolk towards the end of June. A dual purpose here: I'd been planning on visiting my uncle, aunt and cousins for some time, so when the opportunity came to sing at Norwich cathedral (even if for but one afternoon), I jumped at it.

(3) Jersey in early July. My mother's parents retired to the Channel Islands and we've got family business to take care of. It's been 19 years since I was last there and I'm looking forward to it tremendously.

(4) London in mid-July. The Proms beckon again, despite there being far too much Mozart for my and Luke's liking - though to our delight, the sublime Così fan tutte is among those works chosen.

Just as well I don't need a haircut for a while. Right now, "where are you going on your holidays this year?" ranks alongside "where are you from?" as a question I can do without being asked.

4 Comments:

  • Have you ever been to Orkney?


    Your plans sound much more exciting than mine:(

    By Blogger Miss Scarlet, at 12/5/06 15:51  

  • No, I must admit I hardly know the Isles. What are your travel plans?

    By Blogger Anthony, at 14/5/06 22:57  

  • *sigh* I have no travel plans:( Just some trips to the beach.

    My sister has always wanted to go to Orkney, she's obsessed.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlet, at 15/5/06 00:51  

  • I like the valuable info you supply to your articles. I will bookmark your blog and test once more right here regularly. I am somewhat sure I will be told plenty of new stuff proper here! Best of luck for the following! my webpage ::
    hairdressers in Edinburgh

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/7/13 09:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home