Faux-pretentious, moi?

Friday, June 16, 2006

Job applications under pressure

Maybe it's the way forward. Despite my covering letter for the Festival vacancy being as non-specific as could be - having no information to hand at the time, I didn't have much choice but to leave it pretty general - they want to interview me too. I know, I shouldn't complain, but it's still a little disconcerting.

It's to be held next Tuesday at 9am, giving me time to get downstairs in time for the beginning of my shift an hour later. As the box office staff is all off to a reception for the British Antarctic Survey (for whose visit to Edinburgh we're selling tickets) the previous evening, it means I'll have to behave myself ...

No news about the other job as yet. After my mixed feelings on the day, I'm now cautiously optimistic. True, I may have had some weaker answers but I feel I countered them with some pretty good ones elsewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home