Faux-pretentious, moi?

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Job search update

First up, I got a rejection letter from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra, the second time they've declined to interview me.

Today I popped into the church converted into the Festival box office to check they'd received my application. The man behind the desk recognised my name immediately and spoke to his manager, who prompty came to make arrangements to interview me next Tuesday morning. The reaction I got meant I left feeling pretty positive.

A whole load of other arts vacancies of potential interest have come up, which I'll look into in more detail come the morning.

4 Comments:

  • Wow, in Scotland people actually write to tell you that you don't get an interview? In America we just don't call back, like we do after dates.

    By Blogger Andy, at 3/3/06 19:31  

  • Don't tell me the not-calling-back-after-a-date thing is something we can blame you for as well!

    Companies will usually inform you if they're not going to call you for interview, though as ever there are exceptions, on either side. For instance, with graduate intakes and the like (where interest is likely to be high), you're told that if you've not heard anything by a given date, you can assume your application has been unsuccessful.

    By Blogger Anthony, at 3/3/06 19:34  

  • First time on your blog...do you play an instrument?

    By Blogger Miss Scarlet, at 10/3/06 02:43  

  • Yes - the flute and piano, though I do more choral singing than anything else these days. For all that, I'm a good amateur rather than a professional!

    By Blogger Anthony, at 10/3/06 09:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home