Faux-pretentious, moi?

Friday, January 27, 2006

Four things

(or, Another of these meme thingies ..., courtesy of Richard)

Four jobs I've had (how appropriate!)
- house staff on a children's orchestra course
- English language assistant (in Austria)
- waiter, inevitably
- customer services assistant (to end in two weeks' time)

Four films I can watch over and over again
- Shooting fish
- Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, to give it its proper title
- Sleepy Hollow
- A.I. - Artificial Intelligence

Four places I have lived
- Aix-les-Bains (France)
- Vienna (du Stadt meiner Träume ...)
- Neuchâtel (Switzerland)
- four places in Scotland, but I'll go with Paisley for its abbey

Four TV programmes I enjoy watching
- Frasier
- Shameless
- Buffy the vampire slayer (yes, I have my geeky moments!)
- not so much "enjoy watching" but "feel a social obligation to watch": Crimewatch UK

Four foods I like
- cranberry and pine nut bread (God bless bread makers)
- really good scrambled eggs
- tomato and mint salad with a baguette to mop up the juice
- Sachertorte or some other disgustingly rich chocolate cake

Four websites I visit daily
see the links to the right

Four things I want to do before I die
- adopt a child
- get some of my choral music published
- learn to ride a horse (something I should have done as a child)
- get ballroom dancing lessons

Four places I'd rather be right now
Usually I'd say Vienna, but today? Even I can have enough of Mozart, so it's back to the drawing board.
- on holiday in Thailand, doing something cultural with the prospect of lying on the beach come the evening to look forward to
- with my mother, walking the dog in the snow (can my brother be there too?)
- at a performance of Così fan tutte; I can always close my eyes if the production isn't to my tastes
- just for a split second (and to bring this full circle), in the boss' office at one of those moments when he's panicking about finding someone to take over my job

Four people I'm tagging
- Andy
- Spencer
- Chris and Martyn
- completely at random (hitting the "next blog" button and waiting for one in a language I understand): Whit at Observanda

4 Comments:

  • Do you like A.I.?? That film nearly made me vomit! But I do agree with you about scrambled eggs (Delia style) and bread makers: they're great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 27/1/06 18:06  

  • So, am I to post the Four things meme and tag the unfortunate "next" with this chain blog?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 27/1/06 18:30  

  • That's the general idea, Whit. Feel free to victimise some unsuspecting soul ...

    By Blogger Anthony, at 27/1/06 18:53  

  • OK, my answers are here.

    By Blogger Aethlos, at 28/1/06 04:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home