Faux-pretentious, moi?

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

A date

Tonight's concert (see previous post) was pretty good, but it being preceded by a date just made the evening all the more memorable.

If you're a regular reader you may have noticed the recent addition of an on/offline indicator for Kagoul, an online gay community with little tolerance of sexually-related content which I joined recently, being a little disappointed with OK Cupid. My profile mentions my sometime similarity to Niles Crane (only with an awareness of my ridiculousness), and towards the middle of last week I got a message from a guy who suggested we should talk as Niles was one of his favourite character on Frasier and he fancied the pants off him.

We got on very well online - let's face it, you can't tell me you're going through a Buxtehude phase and fail to rouse my interest - and it wasn't long before the possibility of meeting face to face came up. It turned out we both had tickets for the Monteverdi so we decided to meet for something to eat beforehand.

We had a lovely time, both of us a little nervous but thoroughly enjoying each other's company. Unfortunately we both had other commitments after the concert, but are going to see each other again tomorrow (as I'm busy every other night this week). I'm already looking forward to it.

(I'm not doing a very good job of conveying how much I enjoyed it. Fact is, the smile on my face is preventing me from thinking straight.)

2 Comments:

  • Awwww!

    A "Buxtehude" phase? Hmm, not really into organ music, but I would be intrigued to meet someone who even knew who he was. I usually cross paths with the type who say, "I've never been to an opera, but I really want to see Phantom!"

    OKCupid bites.

    By Blogger Andy, at 23/8/05 18:58  

  • Buxtehude wrote some cantatas too, though they very likely include an organ continuo so it's really an extention of that.

    I like people with off-the-beaten-track tastes, it shows they've got something going on in their heads. Never come across that type of wannabe opera fan, but ... *shudder*

    By Blogger Anthony, at 23/8/05 19:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home