Faux-pretentious, moi?

Saturday, July 02, 2005

News from (not quite) the front line

Edinburgh city centre is absolutely dead today - it was quite errie at first, but walking home for my lunch break it came across as very pleasant. True, a lot of shops are boarded up (particularly the classier ones along George St, one street away from the hub of the activity on Princes St), but there's a good-natured feeling about this, a sense that people can make a change.

To my shame, it was only yesterday I realised I should have made the effort and ask to have today off (it's not very often I'm going to be living somewhere where there's a major demonstration taking place), but I suppose this is better than being far away. I'm planning on going out for a couple of drinks tonight - if the current atmosphere is anything to go by, it should be a great evening for it - which won't exactly make up for it, but I'll know better for the next time.

More to come when I finish work ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home