Faux-pretentious, moi?

Thursday, June 09, 2005

The joy of muffins

I found myself buying a little book dedicated to the art of making muffins two days ago and yesterday morning saw me make my first attempt, carrot and sultana. Trouble was, I didn't have enough flour so halved the quantities; if there were such a thing as half an egg, I daresay they wouldn't have turned out so elastic.

Undaunted, I returned home after work with some more ingredients in tow and within an hour had a dozen raspberry muffins cooling on a wire tray. There it might have ended, had I not given some to the neighbours before going out to the pub quiz across the road.

There was a little debate about what we should call the team - I was all for simplicity, some variation along the lines of "number 83", where we all live - but the muffins kept on coming back to haunt us. Then one of us got all Ali G-esque and suggested "the muffin massive", my subsequent suggestion of "the massive raspberry" being deemed perhaps a little crude. There were more of us than last time (eight as opposed to five) as we decided to work together instead of going in for some number 83 rivalry.

Which wasn't a bad thing, 'cos we won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home