Faux-pretentious, moi?

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Starting the day on a high

I've just booked my tickets for a brief stay in London next month.

I'll be on holiday for a week, for the first part of which I'll be up here, hoping Dan comes up on a much-delayed visit (he's yet to see the flat), during which I'd hope to go over to Arran to visit Kris, maybe fit in a day in Stirling and/or Aberdeen to see our mutual friend Rod. Then it's off to London to catch up with Luke and his boyfriend, neither of whom I've seen since last September, over the course of a long weekend. It has to be long 'cos I want to go to the Prom on the Sunday evening (Paul McCreesh conducting Purcell's Fairy Queen), which means I can't return until very early on Monday morning.

Should be a fun week ...

2 Comments:

  • I really wish I had made better use of Ryan Air to pop up to England while I was in Germany. As it stands, I only ended up going once, and that was for business only. I did get to pop by the Ely cathedral, but that's hardly hitting the high points. Still, as I am fond of British Gothic, it was quite enjoyable. Wish I could have done more of it.

    By Blogger Matthew, at 14/6/05 20:54  

  • British Gothic? There's not a great deal of it, to the best of my knowledge.

    I prefer Norman churches - heaps of them in Norfolk.

    By Blogger Anthony, at 14/6/05 23:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home