Faux-pretentious, moi?

Thursday, November 23, 2006

A whirlwind of a week

Luke's arriving for a three-day visit tonight, so knowing I'd be short of time to put the flat into some semblance of order, I decided to skip Monday's choir rehearsal - yes, I've joined a third group! - so I could do some much-needed housework. Except I met Tom for a bite to eat, we went back to mine and ... well, let's say other things took precedence.

On Tuesday I had an early start at work, had an interview for a supervisory position in the box office which went very well and went along to Scottish Opera's production of Der Rosenkavalier in the evening. Despite being a very enjoyable day, it left little time for anything else.

Which left yesterday and this morning. I won't say the flat is spotless 'cos frankly that's never likely to happen, but at least it's in a fit state to welcome visitors. Just as well, considering I've one of my semiannual parties coming up this weekend - part of the purpose of Luke's visit, the other one being Scottish Opera's production of Handel's Tamerlano, only we're not so sure about that one now.

The cryptic "bring a mug" line has returned. Anyone care to guess why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home