Faux-pretentious, moi?

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

... and here we go with trip no. 4

It's been fun, these last couple of months, having all these short trips around the place. I've now got my tickets for the fourth and final one, to London, so I'll be away from Sunday to Thursday inclusive.

As with the others, the purpose is twofold: I'm going to a couple of Proms - the first including Mozart's Serenade for 13 wind instruments, the second one a semi-staged version of Glyndebourne's new production of Così fan tutte - and catching up Luke and, hopefully, my uncle, whom I'd rather neglected until last October. It'll also give me the opportunity to revist all my old haunts, which is always welcome.

Concerning my choice of Proms, I should point out I don't usually go all out for Mozart in this way. As I pointed out in a previous post, they (and most other festivals this year) are going overboard with him this year, but Così is my favourite opera and the Gran partita is glorious music. Besides, even if I weren't working for the Festival up here, I wouldn't dream of leaving Edinburgh in August: it's just not done.

I'm perfectly willing to take photos if it's requested of me, but be warned - now the tourist season is well under way, I refuse to pass myself off as a tourist, particularly somewhere as big as London.

5 Comments:

  • I am sure that you wouldn't take the classic touristy photos. I am curious as to what you will come up with.

    There. You have been requested.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/7/06 17:37  

  • Seems I walked right into that one!

    By Blogger Anthony, at 11/7/06 20:03  

  • And thank you for the postacrd from Jersey. I just received it. Quelle surprise, monsieur!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/7/06 22:29  

  • First things first!
    I only hope, Tony, you can forgive me for not being attentive enough: you are the man into music; I'm just a curious guy who likes listening to music since early age.
    Yes, I really should know better...
    I wish you all the best in London (how I long for it...), and I'm looking forward to unveiling the visual surprises ahead.
    Carpe diem & be happy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/7/06 03:05  

  • No need to apologise, Ricardo - we're both music-lovers, which doesn't stop us from having a good discussion.

    By Blogger Anthony, at 12/7/06 08:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home