Faux-pretentious, moi?

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

"Would you like a bag?"

The boss asked us in this morning's meeting to help keep costs down around the shop, anything from turning lights off to not wasting paper when printing reports. The assistant manager suggested everyone take a leaf out of my book and ask customers if they want a bag.

They're barking up the wrong tree if they think that's the reason I systematically ask this question. True, it's a good knock-on effect, but it's all down to environmental awareness. Planetary concerns are of infinitely greater importance than what, for a big corporation, is little more than saving a few pennies.

1 Comments:

  • Mostly CDs with a few DVDs thrown in; I'm not naming names, but my employers call themselves "entertainments retailers". I'd say V&C are more a deli-cum-café, personally.

    Re:PS: the only mentally deficient spaniel I've known was the only one of a litter to survive eating slug bait, so understandably he wasn't the brightest.

    By Blogger Anthony, at 21/7/05 00:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home