Faux-pretentious, moi?

Friday, June 03, 2005

'The curse is come upon me,' cried
The Lady of Shalott.

(Overstating the case a bit, I know, but I do enjoy my quotations.)

It took them 31 years, but my family genes have finally got the better of me: as of today, I'm on medication for the rest of my life. Despite usually having no qualms about growing older, this is one of those instances where it really does feel like the end of an era. Yes, I suppose a new one has begun as well, but it's hard to feel positive about this.

Short-lived though the distraction was, I'm glad I had a new light to install on my return home. I'm not entirely done with that bit of DIY, to be honest - the ceiling'll need a lick of paint to cover the trace left by the old light fitting and there are a couple of holes to be blocked - but it's already a great improvement.

Now to set my phone to remind me about taking a pill every morning ...

2 Comments:

  • At least you dont have to carry round a big plastic bag with pipes attached to it (and you) every day from here to eternity!

    Now THAT would be burdensome...

    ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/6/05 14:21  

  • My bodily functions are working quite well, thank you.

    By Blogger Anthony, at 9/6/05 08:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home