Faux-pretentious, moi?

Friday, June 03, 2005

Remember the duck in Peter and the wolf?

Back at the doctor's this morning to have my blood pressure taken and, whaddaya know, it was high. What surprised me was the nurse's declaration that I could expect to be on medication today, as ever is. I would have queried this (surely you need carry out endless tests to work out what I'd need), but the next moment she was bundling me off to the Western General Hospital for something called an ECG (which turned out to be an electro-cardiogram). I'm returning to discuss things with the doctor this afternoon, by which time my blood will have been checked for heavens knows what. In the meantime I'll be off looking for a ceiling light for my living room; two spotlights along a rail doesn't really fit in with the decor.

Going back to this blood pressure thing, the nurse did admit that with my family's medical history, it was just as well I wasn't getting worked up about it as it would only increase the problem. Either way, like the duck when it jumps out of the pond, I'm pretty fucked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home