Faux-pretentious, moi?

Friday, May 13, 2005

You thought Andy's dream was unlikely?

I'm returning Andy's favour from a while back. He's just written about a very odd dream he's just had, which brought to mind an equally peculiar one I had a couple of nights ago.

I wrote about Mr M, one of my more eccentric customers, recently - he's the slightly doddery old man obsessed with loud music (particularly Tchaikovsky's The tempest) and films (lots of bits from Lord of the rings). Over Christmas he'd played Scrooge in an amateur production of Dickens' A Christmas carol, and somehow this must have entered my subconscious as I dreamed he told me he had been cast as Captain Hook in Peter Pan. His hands do look rather claw-like at times, so that sort of made sense.

It was the next bit where reason completely went out of the window. He was looking for another acting gig afterwards and had his mind set on something set on castle battlements, perhaps the title role in Tosca?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home