Faux-pretentious, moi?

Friday, November 18, 2005

Funky renaissance music

After the Purcell debacle this summer, I am singing in Edinburgh Symphony Baroque's current season of concerts, beginning with a performance of works from Latin America. The final rehearsal is tomorrow afternoon - which, inevitably, I will be unable to attend - which means that the first time I get to hear the music complete with exotic percussion will be during the concert.

We've been warned about this percussion getting up to all sorts of strange things during the livelier numbers. I've a feeling it could all prove rather distracting ...

(I realise it's all rather short notice, but if you happen to be free at 8pm tomorrow evening - Saturday - do come along to the Canongate Kirk. Tickets (£9/£4 concessions) are available at the door.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home