Faux-pretentious, moi?

Friday, September 30, 2005

The seamstress

I've just had a very domesticated afternoon putting up the hem on a new curtain - the first time I've done anything of the sort. I got rid of the door between the hall and living room of my flat back in July to open up the space, thinking a bead curtain (not a tacky 1970s sort, something decent) would go well in its place. As the temperature dropped over the last couple of weeks I realised a curtain would be needed to keep the heat in and yesterday I finally got a pair.

The initial plan was to do the sewing last night, but once I'd got back from work (at 8pm), hung the curtain (having installed the rail at lunchtime, which was something of a rush) and pinned the excess up off the floor, it was getting a bit late so I decided to put it off until today. And boy was it time-consuming - after two false starts later (I would have considered phoning my mother for advice if my parents weren't in Libya at the moment) I finally got my act together and only now is the curtain finally in place.

The next step'll be putting the heating on ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home