Faux-pretentious, moi?

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

An interview meme

Let's start off with the instructions:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I respond by asking you five personal questions (I will leave these questions for you in my comments) so I can get to know you better.
If I already know you well, expect the questions may be a little more intimate!
3. You will update your journal/bloggy thing/whatever, with the answers to the questions (please don't leave your answers in my comments unless you don't have a blog). You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.
4. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

(These questions courtesy of Scarlet.)
1) What is your favorite classical piece of music to listen to?
Help - where to start? My favourite composers are Telemann, Haydn, Grieg and Prokofiev, so probably something of theirs ... Let's go with Haydn's The seasons as I know The creation inside out and I'd like a bit of variation.

2) If you could only wear one colo[u?]r for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Green. Preferably not always the same shade of it though.

3) I want to ask you the same question I asked Ant about stereotypes...what stereotype of Americans do you find to be true?
All the Americans I have met have invariably been well-intentioned, but depending on the degree of brashness (and volume) of their delivery, they can leave an impression of rudeness. And those who ask idiotic questions unfortunately perpetuate the myth of Americans being stupid.

4) If you had to live in another country, which one would you choose?
Austria, no question. On which subject, Thomas has dropped all sorts of interesting clues about where we're going for my birthday this week - more on that later today.

5) Would you eat an insect?
My initial response was "do I get to choose what sort of insect?", but then I remembered I'm a vegetarian so the answer should be an unequivocal "no" (at least not on purpose). That said, if I were in some far-flung country in which roast locust, say, were on offer, I may be tempted, just to say I've tried it.

Now then, who would care to be interviewed in their turn?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Interview me!!!!

    Good answers, by the way. I love how you added the "u" in "color."

    By Blogger Miss Scarlet, at 6/5/07 23:08  

  • Scarlet:

    1. If you didn't play the clarinet, what would your instrument of choice be?

    2. Is there anything about Scotland you don't like?

    3. Why do you spell the word "hot" with two Ts? (I have an idea of my own but I want to hear your answer first.)

    4. What's the most outlandish item in your wardrobe, or should I say closet?

    5. The U in "colour" - discuss.

    By Blogger Anthony, at 7/5/07 12:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home